Wednesday, November 19, 2008

11/15 Collab Party



















After several tremendously good times together in LA;
Nadege, Filippo and I wanted to do a dance party for Paris to celebrate my exhibition.
I wanted to bring the noise and the funk but in the end settled on a disco ball pinata, which was hecho in Venice, Califirnia with the help of Noah and his expert arc skills,
and Nadege and Fil settled on Le Cesar, which is an infamous 80s Tranny bar in the 2nd with lots of red carpet and velvet.
I asked all my girlfriends to wear red.
and the stage was set to start at 11.
I had a gallery dinner that started late and lasted even later, so my group was disastrously late (Flavien even kicked a taxi to ensure it).
but we arrived just as fashion Paris was hanging on in an awkward trench.
We broke in. found Nadege and Fil wound up and ready to go.
Nadege your red black panther dress was a true inspiration, tried to get the music loud, only to blow a speaker, which lead to a smaller sound system and me rallying to the music.
soon the disco ball was let out,
emotions flared, candy was everywhere and people got down.
The next thing I know I was wearing the disco ball and dancing on the table.
fell from the table twice. Annemarie says three times.
I think the third time should have been the charm.
Fil was slow dancing with his rainbow drink and Nadege was like a siren.
We unravelled till 8, when I broke down and ran away.
Nadege, Tulay, Tunde and Eamonn left at 10 am and had breakfast at pain quotidien. I didn't even know they served wine.


No comments: